Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Fresh Smell of Newly Tidied Areas


Studio before my tidy - can work be done in there? NO!

Studio after the tidy - ah, much better!


I can't explain it. I really can't, but somehow a mood of organization has taken over my home. My most pack-rat-like son voluntarily suggested that he clean out his "box" and then did it!

A couple of days later he came outside while I was working on the lawn and asked if he could have a trash bag because he wanted to clean out a few more things. My other two sons also cleaned up their areas and purged some of their belongings.

Today after purchasing a few school supplies they spent quite a bit of time discussing the best way to organize their pencil boxes.

Perhaps it was my professor husband, being his usual inspiring self. He cleaned up his work area a few weeks ago in preparation for the new term.

I'm not sure why it has happened, but I'm thankful for it nonetheless. I too caught "the bug". You can see my before and after photos at the top of the post.

Here's to diving back into school schedules, cooler weather, and getting stuck into some work!

No comments: