Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer Workloads

Self-Portrait - Summer 2011
11in x 9 in
colored pencil on Stonehenge paper

Seems hard to believe that it has been a month since I last posted! I have been working, but at a much slower pace. My workload shifts a bit in the summer - the bulk of my time is spent enjoying my sons full-time, keeping them busy, and of course, cooling off in the pool.

I have been sneaking in 20-30 minute sessions on my self-portrait. In the evenings, after the charges are safely tucked in bed, the obligatory hour of exercise has been done and providing there is enough energy to focus, I have been sitting down and polishing off the portrait.

The workload is shifting again in another week, school starts back up. I have a busy fall planned art-wise. I'm participating in a group show in September-October, have a profile coming up in a magazine, and some plans for new pieces - I'm looking forward to diving back in, just need to finish my "studio move" (relocated to a different area of the house and now my supplies are dwelling on two different levels - not exactly efficient!)

2 comments:

Teresa Mallen said...

Your stroke technique gives this piece a lot of energy and life. Kuddos on finishing this given your time constraints!

Rose Welty said...

Thanks Teresa. I love that CPs allow for different techniques!