Friday, April 3, 2009

Start to A Portrait

 

120_wip1blogFor tonight’s painting session I decided to make a start on the portrait for my study group.

I used some of my new brushes that arrived today. I absolutely love my new “mural” brushes….the two inch flat is my favorite, just a wonderful way to lay down a huge swab of color.

Before I head off into the weekend…

Valerie, one of my Fine Art Friends has a new Etsy store. Valerie is clever with a colored pencil. She is also very good with a sewing machine. She has some unique products for sale – if I had a daughter she would get one of these for sure.

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Looks like a good start here. Always fun to get new toys and big brushes are special!

Rose Welty said...

Thanks Jo - yes - you have some new toys too! I'll have to think about those water-mixable oils.