This is my third post on goals for 2009. (See part 1, part 2.) This is the fun one...the one where I dream about what would make me feel like I had an amazing year if I accomplished a few of them.It should be noted that I am not committing myself to doing all of these this year. These are like a wish list, some challenges to throw at myself to keep it interesting. If some of these seem out of my reach, well, they probably are, but I like to aim high!
Top Ten Dreams for 2009 (actually 8, but I'm saving space for new dreams! :D)
- Enter a competition. (I actually did enter a friendly competition in 2008 - it was a challenge to myself and one that I really benefited from.) As I am working on some new mediums I am not sure that I can really deliver on entering a serious competition this year, but it's here on the wish list.
- Make y dollars this year. I'll tell you that y > x (see here.) Another "push me".
- Submit an article to Art Calendar.
- Keep a drawing from memory log. I'd love to do what Jeanette Jobson does, sketch a memory from the day each evening for a few minutes.
- Win a portrait commission. I'm working on my portraiture skills this year, I'd love to get good enough that someone wants to buy one...
- Paint something to hang in my living room over the couch. There is a big blank space over my couch, everyone always asks about it. The answer is that I want to put something I am really proud of there.
- Make a calendar for 2010.
- Meet one of my cyber chums. I'd love to do a face-to-face with someone this year. (Jo, I had this written before you mentioned it...I think we should do it!)