Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Top Five Life Lines of 2008

A Corner of the FW Zoo

Top Five Life Lines of 2008

These are 5 people who really helped me this year. Being an artist can be a lonely thing, but these people keep me from that.
  1. Belinda Lindhardt - generously created my header images for me. Belinda also works hard to promote her art and take care of her family - a tricky challenge, her handling of it inspires me.
  2. Kasie Sallee - more by example than anything else. Kasie has really worked on moving to that next level and she has made great strides this year - she encourages me to press on.
  3. Valerie Jones - earlier this year when I was very frustrated with my painting Valerie, unprompted, sent me a book in the mail. Her friendship is a great encouragement.
  4. Stacy Rowan - faithfully emails me about art and family goals each week, and also answers questions! Stacy may even get me to do my Christmas card for next year in January.
  5. Ann Nemcosky - on several occasions this year offered support, encouragement, and advice. Ann and I don't get much time to interact, but she never lets that stop her from being a help when I need it.

4 comments:

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

You are the one who's always such an encouragement to me Rose! You're so faithful to set goals and pursue them while I feel like I can be a bit scatter-brained and all over the board sometimes. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. A New Year is always exciting because you never know what it might hold.
(((Hugs)))

Ann said...

Well, when I am feeling a little stuck I always wonder what Rose is doing! I know checking in here will get me going again. I admire your sense of organization and wish I had more of that kind of commitment to my work. These connections with other artists are important to me too as the support offered flows both ways - Thanks Rose!

Belinda Lindhardt said...

awwww thanks Rose :) Your awesome ! :) it means alot thanks :)

Jo Castillo said...

Through you I am meeting more wonderful people. You are super! Hugs.