Sketches made with my new open acrylics!
Top Five Big Blogs of 2008
I love all sorts of blogs, and all of them are special to me in their own way. (I even purged my reader list this year and many I just couldn't part with.) I can't possibly name all of the smaller ones and what I enjoy about them, I thought that I'd just name my favorite "big" ones this year.
- Making a Mark - Katherine Tyrrell has consistently strong and timely content and information. The blog seems to have taken a new direction this year.
- Empty Easel - Dan has expanded this year with more writers, it has made the site even better. There is alot of great advice there.
- National Portrait Gallery blog - there aren't that many institutional blogs that I enjoy, this one is a notable exception. There's alot for the art buff and the history buff.
- Lines and Colors - I think Charley Parker is directly responsible for the expansion of my art library this year. He has lots of good information, but I really enjoy the bios of illustrators and the book reviews.
- Dani Jones Illustration - this one earns a spot here because of this article on style - but there is alot of good advice here.