I'm going to do a series this week on "Top Fives of 2008". It isn't scientific, but it's fun. I owe so much to so many online friends and resources, that I just have to highlight them. The lists are: habits, life-lines, and articles.
Top Five Habits I Saw in 2008
These are just a few examples I saw in 2008 that left a mark on me.
- Kindness - Waheed Nasir: I mentioned Waheed in a post. He found my blog looking through his stats and emailed me to thank me.
- Drawing from Memory - Jeanette Jobson: Jeanette mentioned that she draws most evenings before bed, from memory, just as an exercise. I have heard of that before and would love to get into the habit!
- Generosity - Jo Castillo: Jo has been very helpful to me on many occasions this year. If I email a question, she promptly responds. She's even called me on the phone.
- Knowing What She Wants - Susan Carlin: Susan offered me the opportunity to "chat" with her over the phone a few times this year. She is very good at knowing what she wants and then pursuing it. It has convinced me to do the same.
- Humility - Teresa Mallen: Teresa is always generous with her time and encouragement. She never fails to say honest and kind things to other artists. It is part of her regular routine to encourage others.