Monday, February 18, 2013

What we do not intend

Some times things happen that we do not intend. Some times things happen that we do not plan for.

Usually people mean bad things when they say things like the above. But it's also true about good things.

I did not intend it, but the camera in my new iPod is becoming my new favorite for posting photos and processing images - as I am still finding it difficult to sit upright for very long (ruling out much desktop computer use).

I did not plan to be reading about new rapid sketching techniques and watching videos about sketching - but I am and it's the perfect remedy for not being able to be in the studio in a chair or standing at my drawing spot.

By the way, the book on sketching is called Fast Sketching Techniques by David Rankin. The videos are by Adebanji Alade on sketchinspiration.com and are very good - his passion is quite contagious.

Below is a sketch I did of my son today - maybe two or three minutes.

 

No comments: