Monday, December 31, 2012

Onward and Upward 2013

Onward and Upward
7in x 5in
colored pencil on paper
copyright 2012 Rose Welty


My three goals for 2013 should look familiar. Listed below each goal are some possible ways to achieve each goal - but I'm not going to commit to those. As I did in 2011 and 2012, I'm going to evaluate each step of my journey and see what looks best to shoot for as I go.

  1. Develop my work
    • improve my eye by working from life (30 starts project, which has begun)
    • sketching larger
    • more study of eastern painting philosophy - got a few draft posts on this for you
    • exploring mark-making
    • using varied color as an edge-softening device
    • improving my ability to convey texture (e.g. clouds)
  2. Share my art
  3. Build my skillset
    • regular photo reference trips
    • reading a few photography books - been having fun with PSE 11 already
    • origami
    • doing portraits more often
    • mobile photography - this has begun already too, more later.
At the end of 2013, I hope I can say that I have developed my artwork further, shared my art with more people, and added to my skills, in whatever form those goals are achieved. Let's get down to business...



No comments: