Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Stillness and Peace, colored pencil drawing

Stillness and Peace
$45
7in x 5in
colored pencil on paper
copyright 2012 Rose Welty
Summertime around my house is not about stillness or peace. It's about jamming as much into each day as physically possible. We have lots of young boy energy to disperse each day. So when I saw this statue in Latvia on Google Maps, for the Virtual Paintout, I just had to draw it.

For the last several nights I've gotten to my drawing chair when quietness has descended on the house and happily drew myself some stillness and peace - at least enough to be ready for the next crazy summer day.

Summer days are an exhausting adventure to cherish - my sons are still at an age when they like having me about. :-)

Stillness and Peace is available for sale. It is matted to 8in x 10in, ready for you to frame:

Please see my FAQs page for any questions or email me.


Choose your delivery

No comments: