Sunday, December 18, 2011

What will I do in 2012?

Lost in Thought

Last year all of my plans and goals were sidelined when lifestyle changes became medically necessary.

And you know what? I reached two dream goals I had begun to think would never be possible (they'd been on the list for several years):

  1. Achieved my "ideal" weight (and have maintained it for several months)
  2. Developed a personal style in my artwork.


I did not have big detailed plans for either one.

On day 1, we took the step that seemed best. On day 2, we took the step that looked best then. There was no guilt in not achieving a deadline. There was only simple and regular evaluation of what was working and what wasn't. I tried something - it worked and I kept doing it, it almost worked and I tweaked it and tried again, or it was a failure and I learned something.

And each day I had the freedom to enjoy what the day had to offer.

What does this all mean? Well, it means that I'm going to simply state a few things I'd like to see in the year. I'm not going to plot and plan. I'm going to follow my nose for the steps to achieving what I want. It worked last year and I believe it will work again.

I'm learning less is more.

In 2012, I'd like to:

  1. Continue developing my style.
  2. Share my art.
  3. Build my skillset.

I have ideas for my next steps for each of those and that's as far as I'm going. The steps after that should be apparent when I get there - and at the end of the year, I'm sure I'll be able to evaluate how I did.

Now that I've gotten all the goal stuff out of the way I'm going to focus on enjoying the holidays!

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

congrats on reaching 2 dream goals :D its a great feeling when you do

for 2012, those are pretty good wide open goals to make :) i find goals like that much easier to reach and tend to be easier to fit into everything else that happens in life

Rose Welty said...

Thanks Jen. I do think the goals will get done, it's just hard to say what that will look like. :-)

Ann said...

You really have made great strides with your art this past year. And congrats on achieving your goals! I am learning too, that it may be that I work better with no goals. Happy Holidays to you and here's to a wonderful 2012!

Rose Welty said...

Thanks Ann. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family!