Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Last of the Roses?

"A Rose From Any Angle"
4.5in x 5.5in,
acrylic inks on watercolor paper


Today the weather here in north Texas is distinctly nippy, it seems that we may have left the triple digits for 2008. I say "it seems" because most of the Thanksgivings I've been here have been hot! But today that feels very distant.

Yesterday I snapped a photo of what may be my last rose of the year. I have sure enjoyed my roses this year, above you see some of them - although the ones in my garden are yellow, I just like purple! Yellow and purple is one of my favorite painting combinations.

2 comments:

Making A Mark said...

I bet your nippy is warmer than my whole summer!

I've been enjoying your flower paintings

Jo Castillo said...

This is lovely and it was cool here in Bastrop, too. Katherine, it feels great after the triple digit summer!

Yellow and purple do make things pop. Nice work.