This post shows my most recent piece and gives an explanation of my process.
With this piece I tried on a new process...
- Took a long time over the preliminary drawing, making sure it was right instead of thinking "I'll correct that later."
- Did three different color "studies" (laid tracing paper over the drawing and colored it loosely)
- Solicited advice from my Fine Art Friends about what colors they saw in the reference
- Thought about the advice I received and how the color studies looked (very good advice ladies, thank you!)
- Transferred the drawing to the final support, carefully
- Laid in an initial two layers of background (sky in this case) - (Belinda, I hope you are proud!)
- Moved from top left to bottom right over the piece, doing the initial layers on the blossoms, then adding layers to the surrounding background, then finishing the blossoms.
- Tried to be very light, gentle and slow in using the CPs.