This post is about another experiment in handling colored pencils.
This piece is done on Stonehenge paper (5 in x 7in). First I did a wash with Light Green Acrylic Artist's Ink. I did that hoping to knock out some of the "white" of the paper. To a large degree, I believe that it worked.
Then I just marked on the paper with the sides of the CPs, in sweeping strokes of fair pressure. There are probably two or three layers of CP over the piece. From the background you can see the strokes I was making. On the lilies themselves, I pressed a bit harder, but the same motion.
It took me about an hour and a half to complete this.
Overall, I like the texture of the background and the color lay of the lilies - not necessarily together. These quick little "paintings" are about experimenting, not the finished product.
I think I will definitely try the wash again and continue with the sidestroke idea.