At the right are two images, both of the same line drawing. They were done with my new Bamboo tablet. First I drew the iris. Then I began playing with coloring it. This is what I really enjoy about the digital environment.
- Drawing with the digital tablet does "feel like" writing with a pen and paper.
- I haven't logged that much time with this new medium yet, but it's beginning to feel like a friend, not yet an old friend, but we're comfortable with each other anyway! :D
- It's better than using pen and paper because you can flip the pen over and erase a line, or hit CTRL-Z to undo something you just did if you don't like it. Those are just awesome features.
- This is the fun part. You can endlessly modify and try new things out with layers. I think this was the third background idea I had tried, but you wouldn't know it would you? If it was done in CPs or inks, you would.
- Now you don't get the feel of paints or paintbrushes with this, but it is easier cleanup and cheaper on materials! :-)