Thursday, May 29, 2008

Brave Heart or Chicken Heart?



Just an update on this piece. I must confess that I am tempted to abandon it. I like it, I like how it is coming together. However, it is a colored pencil piece on pastelbord -- i.e. it takes time to build layer by layer. This summer is very busy, I'm not sure I can find large blocks of time for this.

So, I think I am shelving this for now. It'll be an experiment to see if I can return to a piece after an absence (something I normally can't do.)

Am I being a brave heart or a chicken heart?

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

It does look nice :) I don't think you are chickening out. Better to work on a piece when you have the time and feel like working on it. Hopefully you return to it, would be a shame if you didn't.

Ann said...

It looks like you have a great start. Sometimes for me, it's better to leave a piece for a while than to work on it when I feel pressured to finish.

Jeanette Jobson said...

You can bail out of this without worry and always return to it.

Some things either don't appeal to us at the time or we can't make time to do them so putting them aside may be a good thing. See how it looks in the fall.

Rose Welty said...

Thanks for the support ladies. I do think that when life is at a slower pace, this piece will appeal to me more. Right now I'm busy with entertaining three little boys on summer holidays!

Thanks again everyone!