Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Radiograph Pens, worth it?

Recently, I invested in some Koh-l-Noor Radiograph Pens. I do a fair amount of pen and ink work and I've noticed the expense of replacing Microns all the time.

After reading The Technical Pen, I just had to go for it. So, are they worth it? Yes, they are worth it! They are way better than a Micron. The metal tip glides in a way that the Micron, Zig Millennium and others don't - it really enhances the drawing experience for me.

In the image here you see me playing around the pen and working on the structure of the head. I was trying to simplify a photo of a skull I was looking at into planes - as you can see, it got overly complicated and I left it. This week I will dig up a drawing that has the head already simplified into planes.

Finally, I've been playing around with the template on my blog, let me know what you think. I went with a template closer to my website template, for continuity.

5 comments:

Ann said...

This looks good and does match your website nicely. Your ink drawings are awesome!

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

I really like your blog's new look. It feels open. (If that makes any sense, lol.)
Looks like you're having fun with your new pens. New art supplies are always so much fun! :)

Jeanette Jobson said...

The new layout is crisp and clean. I like it!

And aren't Radiograph's heaven to use? Yes, you'll be hooked very soon...

Jo Castillo said...

Both sites look great, clean and simple.

I am going to have to try the pens. I like pen and ink and have been using Micron and Zig. I think I like the Zig the best but hard to find locally.

Rose Welty said...

Thanks everybody, I appreciate the feedback.