I was finally pushed over the edge by:
- the fact that the colors on the ends of my pencils do not correspond well to the actual pencil colors
- once I get thinking about color, I tend to forget all about value (and I recently read that skipping values in CPs tends to give them a muddy appearance.)
- sometimes I want similar, but not the same combinations - so all the apples don't look identical.
- it didn't take very long
- I just didn't bother about perfection
- I wrote out guesstimates on the values as I did it - very useful
- I use it extensively when setting up a piece, in fact, I used it more than the reference concerning the colors.