Thursday, November 1, 2007

Clutter Progress


This is a WIP portrait of my middle son. I'm hoping to do a series of all three sons, merge them into one image and mail that out as the Christmas photo this year. We'll see if that idea flies with everyone and whether it all gets done.

I decided to just do this as it naturally flowed, rather than consciously deciding my process and technique. Interestingly, it all developed as a whole - of course, I've been trying to force myself to work that way with CPs lately, here it just felt more natural. I'm not sure if that's the result of having enough practice working that way, or my mood, or just what. Also, I decided to let my mark-making technique be natural as opposed to trying out something. I suddenly realized while I was making my scribbles that they were incredibly light, slowly built up, and felt very natural. This made me think that I ought to give myself the same freedom in CPs, rather than trying to make marks like I've read about or seen. All in all, good fun.

Tuesday I gave myself a little housekeeping pep talk. Here are the results on the field:
  • Cleaned out two kitchen cupboards - so the daily medicines are no longer buried, we can find the bag closures, the pens and pencils are all in one spot with paper next to them (that little center is even near the phone! :-)
  • Took a pile of clothes to Goodwill
  • Upgraded clothes storage from cardboard boxes to plastic boxes in one cupboard
  • Got the kitchen counter tops cleaned off and looking empty (that's my preference)
  • Did a major dust and vacuum - it's been quite a while!

3 comments:

Valerie Jones said...

Way to go, Rose! I like that you are trying to find your own style instead of trying what other people have done.

Kudos on cleaning out drawers and organizing!!

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

It's looking beautiful Rose! It truly is. You've been busy! :)

~~You know, for some reason I'm still not getting updated feeds for your blog. I unsubscribed it and then resubscribed but it never shows an update. It's very strange.

Rose Welty said...

Thanks ladies!

Valerie - I'm so glad you have a blog!

Kasie - I'm looking into your subscription issue, I'll be emailing you.