Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Another Lily Update



Last night I went gangbusters on this lily, feeling rather desperate to finish it. I spent two hours hunched over on my not-so-reliable-nor-so-comfortable wooden stool coloring in my lap. For someone with chronic back problems, this was dumb. As I lay in bed last night, gathering courage to try and roll over, I wondered what I was supposed to learn from this. Two things jumped to mind.

One, colored pencil work is fun and addictive. I really enjoyed it.

Two, I must climb atop the mountains of clutter that are on my art desk (the reason for assuming my awkward position). One further application of my new insight - I must tilt the desk once I get it cleared off, because otherwise it will only gather more clutter once it's a clean surface. :-)

All that to say, I'll offer a few brief thoughts on this work in the next post, but for now, I must go clean off that desk!

I did manage to find five books of interest on Georgia O'Keeffe at the library today, so it should be a good month master-wise!

No comments: