Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Discipline of Drawing Every Day

Today, when drawing time came around I just didn't know what to draw. I had been thinking about it all day, but I just couldn't come up with anything. The easiest thing to do is spend the time surfing the 'Net. So, I didn't allow myself to do that. I wandered around the room, trying to spark something. I tried setting up a still-life - oh boy, am I bad at that! Finally I ended up sketching one of my bed posts, not all that exciting, but something.

I've been doing portraits lately and felt like I needed a change. Ultimately, today I just couldn't find inspiration elsewhere. But, I definitely wanted to NOT have to achieve a likeness or get something to a completed state. So, I ended up doing three quick sketches from the Wet Canvas reference library - not even complete. That was a joy and you see them above!

No comments: