Thursday, October 25, 2012

Simple Should Be Simple

Only sometimes it's not. A while back my charming husband brought home flowers. There was one that had gotten bent off, so I rescued it and put it in a little jar and put it on my kitchen windowsill. I think I enjoyed that single one as much as the whole bouquet. Somehow it reminded me to be mindful of small things, to enjoy the littlest of pleasures:



Immediately I thought how fun it would be to do a series of "simple pleasures" pieces based on my own life.

Well, the fun may be waning.

My first go at this first piece: The Underbelly (aka the ugly stage).

I tossed that a few days ago. Second go:


And today I'm going to give it a third go. Amidst the irony, I press on.

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Nice post and love the drawing. Maybe just a bit darker in the water?? Thanks for sharing.

Rose Welty said...

Thanks for the encouragement Jo. I think I've found what went wrong, I'm liking the third try much better. Your advice applies there too, I think. :-)

Jennifer Rose said...

well that clich practice makes perfect fits here :)