Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Daffodils and some news

Daffodils
5in x 7in
colored pencil on paper
copyright Rose Welty
click to buy

The previous owner of my home was quite good in the garden. Every spring I get wonderful daffodils, hyacinths, and bearded lilies. I particularly enjoy these daffodils which she planted at the base of two large birch trees. They create a lovely view from the dining room windows.

"Daffodils" is now for sale at my Daily Paintworks Gallery. "Daffodils" will come to you matted, as below:

Daffodils, matted - note the matted image is cropped slightly on the upper right flower

5 comments:

Wen Baragrey said...

Ah, there's nothing quite like the first daffodils and crocuses of the season. Lovely drawing, Rose!

Teresa Mallen said...

As Wen said, 'lovely drawing'. It is so nice to buy a home that was previously owned by people who gardened.

Ann said...

Beautiful! I tried sketching my daffodils in watercolor. I love your cp version!

Sue said...

Lovely, Rose. I really like your unique colored pencil aesthetic.

Rose Welty said...

Thanks everyone!