Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Cherry Blossoms

Spring Cherry Blossoms
7in x 5in
Colored Pencil on Stonehenge
It's a gorgeous time of year - it's so wonderful to look around and see blooms all over. When I lived in Texas every year I looked forward to the week of pear blossoms. I always took a bunch of photos and have done several drawings and paintings of pear blossoms. This year, my first Spring in North Carolina, I am having a similar reaction to the cherry blossoms. Honestly, I think there are endless possibilities in portraying them.

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

ooh very pretty :) really nice and soft looking

Rose Welty said...

THanks Jen!

Regina Calton Burchett said...

This is really lovely, Rose! So nicely done.
How are you liking N.C.? We lived there 14 months and really loved it. Bet you won't miss Texas next August!

Rose Welty said...

We like NC alot. It's been a good move for us. Even days like today - cold and rainy - are great (I love that sort of weather). Yes we don't miss August in Texas!