Wednesday, February 18, 2009

How I got $140 shoes for $4 out of pocket

another page in the flower book

Times are tough all over.

So we have to celebrate when we get a deal, don't we? Background: I have some health issues that require special shoes. So, when I need a pair of shoes I am used to paying close to $100. When I saw that the shoes I wear were now at $140, my heart just sank. I decided to dig a bit more...

Endless.com had them on clearance for $75 or $54...ok, the ugly ones were $54, but I decided we could do ugly for 21 bucks. Then, I realized that amazon and endless are connected...so I could use the amazon gift certificates I had gotten recently to pay for the shoes...BOOM...down to $4. Lovely! It does mean that I will have to wait for a book I have been hoping to get, but I'm sure I can find something else to read in the meantime...

Moral of the story...be a thorough shopper.

6 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

thats a really good deal :) you could always try to make the ugly ones prettier? paint them?

Jo Castillo said...

Great deal! You were thinking! Good sketch, too.

Rose Welty said...

Jennifer...I'm not as clever as you are with the 3-D painting...and I've worn ugly shoes for years, so I should have gotten over it by now! :D

Jeanette Jobson said...

Excellent shopping skills. I'm coming to you next time I need to buy something! Should have checked with you before I bought those sofas... :)

Valerie Jones said...

Hey, you bargain shopper!! I'm happy to hear you got the shoes for $4!

Karen M Schmidt said...

Hey, don't knock comfortable, ugly shoes ... the older I get, the more I realize that comfortable feet are way more important than fashionable feet. :)

Congratulations on such a great bargain! Don't you just love internet shopping? :)

Oh, and I love your painting, A Peeling, on your other blog!