Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Virtual Sketch Date #3 in June


Hope that everyone enjoyed the virtual sketch date last week and the results on Sunday. Sounds like most people and a few new ones are keen to do it again - that's fabulous as I really have fun!

As we are gathering more and more people, we need to handle it a bit differently, just to give the most time to drawing and gawking!

Here are the steps:
  1. We are calling for a volunteer to provide a reference (first come, first served.) Please comment on this post if you'd like to volunteer.
  2. I will post the image on my blog on Friday June 13th.
  3. Participants will have to comment on that post to be on the list (this cuts down on tracking through everyone's posts and finding who said they wanted to participate and maintaining a list.)
  4. Participants should then post their entry on their blog sometime on Saturday June 21st.
  5. I will then do a post on Sunday the 22nd with links to everyone's entry.

I'm in half a mind to create another blog to handle the reference image posts and list of links post. I think the sketches should remain on artists blogs. So, if this above steps work well for everyone this month (and people are still interested next month), I may set up a separate blog for the sketch dates.

9 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

*raises hand* I would like to volunteer a photo :) Would love to sketch again next month, no matter the image :)

Rose Welty said...

Great Jennifer, it's a "first come, first served" policy so we'll be drawing from your image in June.

Just email me the image by June 13th. I suppose you should make the image in the 640 x 480 pixel range.

Can't wait to get started! Thanks for volunteering.

Lilly said...

Wonderful. count me in. I am very much looking forward to this. I can't wait to see what Jennifer comes up with for subject matter. I will make sure I make a comment on it so I get included in the project.

Gayle Mason said...

I'm in again, it was great fun.

Making A Mark said...

I'm going to have to say that it'll depend on the image as I seem to find that I can only draw what 'grabs' me. No offence to Jennifer - I'm sure it will be a great photo whatever it is.

I'm also happy to provide an image for a future month - but you need to be aware it'll probably be a flower!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Me too, me too!!! Of course I'm in Rose.

I look forward to seeing Jennifer's image. Its great fun to participate in this and be challenged.

Rose Welty said...

Yeah! This is going to be fun. It's good to get a variety of subjects in the reference images, keeps us all from getting bored and stagnant.

Belinda Lindhardt said...

That sounds fabulous idea Rose with having it on a blog most likely be easier. i am definately in next month :) sounds fantastic :)

"JeanneG" said...

Of course I'm in. Sounds like it would take a load off your blog if it went to another. Use your own judgment. Can't wait to see what jennifer provides. It's a long time till the 13th.