Tuesday, April 1, 2008

New Toy

quick sketch of birthday bouquet

Those of you who have been following this blog for a while will know that I have ventured into the digital world of art creation. I have been using a Nintendo DS Lite as a portable sketchbook. I must say that it has been incredibly fun - it is very portable and it just makes painting practice easier.

So, after dipping in a toe with the Nintendo, I've dunked in my whole foot. This week I received my birthday present, a Wacom Bamboo Digital tablet (small size with pen only.) Right now, for some reason, they are incredibly cheap, like way under $100. If you were thinking of trying one of these out, now is a good time.

I did do some research, Wacom tablets are well-known and respected in the digital art world. They make several high-end ones as well, but for just starting out, this is a good deal.

I'll keep you posted. I, for one, am stoked!

Above is a quick sketch I did of my birthday bouquet last week. I have a few sketches and some photos, hopefully I'll get some where with them. And yes, I do notice that my value range in this very small and lacks all punch! It was late, I had to go to bed. ;-)

2 comments:

Belinda Lindhardt said...

oooooh nice Rose, i have been eyeing these off on ebay for quite some time now. i have one of the larger ones in my sights just have to warrant the $ to buy one. :)

let us know how you find it :)

Valerie Jones said...

This looks like it's going to be fun for you!!!