Thursday, February 28, 2008

February Goals Review

After Rembrandt's Simeon in the Temple
done on the Nintendo


The end of February is here and to keep to my commitments, I should look at how I did compared with the goals I set at the start of the year. (Did you catch the dread in there?)

Composition research
I finished reading Dow's Composition book and reviewed it here. I did a brush and ink drawing inspired by my reading. I didn't get to Greg Albert's book yet, nor did I do all the research or experimentation that I intended.

Rib Cage Anatomy
Sadly this goal was barely begun. I looked at a few drawings one evening and that was it.

Mendelowitz drawing exercises
For the second month in a row, this goal was neglected.

3 starts
Two-thirds of a check, I did two starts this month, these two portraits.

1 Polished Piece
Check, I did these flowers.

Update Website
Check, my online studio has been updated to reflect this month's progress with colored pencils.

Beyond all that, I did some successful experimenting with colored pencils this month. I even tried a portrait copy - several months ago I attempted a CP portrait copy and it was a disaster. So, a little progress.

All in all, not a bad month, considering that lots of "life" things happened this month and my art was on the back burner a fair bit.

No comments: