Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Makes a Mother Proud...maybe

So we're sitting at lunch the other day and I offer the boys a clementine (aka a satsuma). My eldest pipes up "oh, those oranges are so yummy." Knowing that I had never given him one before that he liked, I look at him questioningly. He responded, "Oh, I traded Jessie my bag of Ruffles for her orange the other day. It was really good." At first, I was proud, my son trading chips for fruit at the lunch table...good, noble son. Then, I thought, does that make me a good mother or a bad one? ;-)

This is the son who a year or so ago said (and I kid you not), "I'm going to hurry up and eat this pork chop so I can get some broccoli." My husband, who doesn't eat broccoli and never will, turned to me and said, "that's like every mom's dream."

And you know he's going to be hearing that story a lot in the years to come! :-)

4 comments:

Valerie Jones said...

Yes...every mom's dream...........

Jo Castillo said...

I have one of those boys too. Larry used to cry for all of our salads on the airline trips. We go out to dinner and he orders salad. Who knew or knows why?

Jo

Jeanette Jobson said...

Wonderful....let's hope it sticks into the future.

One of my daughters loved brussels sprouts as a child. You just never know what their tastes will be.

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

Kids are so funny! I have one who is convinced that candy is one of the main food groups and the other who would rather have vegetables than sweets. Funny kiddos! :)