Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Bit of a Dilemna




On some random whim I found a beautiful picture on WetCanvas! A glass stand with lemons and a plaid cloth behind (by vklum, her blog is called Thinking out LOUD). It's a lovely photo and one, I thought I should try in CPs. So, I decided to have another go with the CPs and a black and white reference. Above is the value study I've been working on (btw, the glass isn't really warped up on the right :-).

To be honest, I'm considering scrapping it at this point. The value study is essentially done, I can wing the unfinished part. I'm not sure if I'm being wise with my time or wimping out. I'm thinking that I've gone too big with this and if I am really going to carry it into CPs, I better shrink it. Depending on how easy or hard that is, I may or may not continue with this.

It's been enjoyable and I've now got more respect for those who concentrate on still lifes and textures. Somehow the lemons are failing to keep my interest. We'll see.

2 comments:

victoria said...

Hi Rose! I'm glad you liked my photo. I think you've made a great job of the sketch so far!

Rose Welty said...

Thanks Victoria, for the photo and for stopping by. I ended up doing a small CP work and really liked how it came out.