Thursday, June 28, 2007

Barking Up a More Familiar Tree


I think this is done. Once again, I'm seeing there is a long way uphill before I start producing what I hope can be done with colored pencils. And yet, at the beginning of the month the goal was to get into CPs nearly every day without letting the inevitable disappointments bother me. I mostly achieved that goal...the disappointments led to more discouragements than I had hoped.

The other CP goal was just to make some improvement in my skills. I think using them everyday did foster some familiarity and therefore improvement. Also, I have a much better idea of where there are gaps in my knowledge - particularly regarding color theory.

I'm formulating some plans for next month...should involve some art history, some drawing in graphite, a little pen and ink, and some color work.

No comments: