Monday, May 28, 2007

Back in the Whistler Business

Reading my last post, I had intended to post occasionally, but it just didn't happen...between the airport runs, grocery trips, emergency room visits, fence post mending, and general chaos that "vacation with the kids" means there was very little time. All is well with everyone now and we had a wonderful time with my folks in town.

Onto the art...here is the final for my Whistler project this month. I completed this during the "break". It is an alleyway near Copenhagen. I'll be honest, I'm not sure how much this has to do with Whistler. It was inspired by his etchings and loosely based on some of his methods. As for methods...I was rigorous in laying it out and eventually dispensed with the photograph and just went with my memory and reaction to seeing it and how I felt about it. I liked the stonework and how the white crapemyrtles just came alive against the stone. Hopefully I conveyed some of that.

To be truly Whistler-esque, I will entitle it "Song in White". (OK, he would call it a symphony or harmony, but I can't bring myself to do that.)

Should I have time in the next few days, I'll do a final summary post and a quick "completely from memory" work. Otherwise, this is will be it. There is so much to catch up on when the "house fairy" goes on a break!

No comments: